Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Getting to Know Your Colleagues

Getting to Know Your Colleagues

         The people i worked with at Troutman and Sanders were truly invaluable to my experience this summer. I worked for a partner at the firm who was always available, energetic and sensitive to my lack of experience as a law firm intern. I felt immediately welcome in the office by all staff mates, and each day different HR personnel and secretaries would come to my cubicle just to say hello. The effort put into colleague relationships is one of the more appealing qualities of this law firm. The partner i worked for, Mr. James Kaplan, has become my mentor of sorts. I felt comfortable asking him about the law school process, as well as his advice on which law career i should pursue. He was completely reliable and willing to give me advice, and i know for my future as i apply to law school i shall make an effort to remain in contact with his office. I believe the relationship to HR personnel is just as valuable as relationships with ones immediate boss. The HR personnel at Troutman and Sanders went above and beyond to provide support for my internship this summer. They were willing to help the growth of my resume, give advice on conducting interviews and in general talk about everyday life. I felt as though my colleagues at Troutman and Sanders were consistently professional yet personable at the same time.




No comments:

Post a Comment