Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 2!

Hey Guys,

During the second week of my internship I worked three days. First, I went to a bar appearance for NASH FM at a bar called the Nutty Irishman. It was quite interesting because it was a country bar that had lots of professional line dancing. It was awesome to meet people who listened to our station and visibly see the support. The second day was a very busy office day. I spent a few hours making phone calls to contest winners about how they can claim their prizes. We also have Winners Declaration Forms that every winner needs to send back, so I called a bunch of winners asking them to fill it out. When I called a few people, they had no idea that they had won anything from the online contest so it was great to hear how excited people were when I told them that they had won tickets! I also had to pack bags of giveaways for the PLJ Summer Kick Off at Point Pleasant that was on Friday morning. Then, on Friday morning, I had the privilege of working at Good Morning America's concert series because we had given away tickets to our listeners for it. My job was to be at Central Park at 5:30am in order to meet our winners and give them their VIP passes to see Lady Antebellum. The best part was that I was allowed to stay for the concert, and had to take pictures to show that our radio station was present at the concert. It was my first event that I had to handle on my own, but it was a very good experience. I only work one day this coming week because a few new interns are starting, but I look forward to it!
Jillian



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beyond jealous!! I've always been a huge Lady A fan. I'm working in Nashville right now and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll bump into them. Glad to hear it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little perks of your internship sound amazing! I'm looking forward to hearing more about these fun surprises that come up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of you! Your job sounds awesome. It's so lucky that you get to both work hard and then get rewarded for it! Sounds like you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete