Tuesday, July 15, 2014

3. Overcoming Obstacles


As I am approaching my midpoint at my internship I find myself at a bittersweet moment. I look back and can see how much I have learned, however, I am sad that I know this experience will be coming to an end. I asked my mentor how I am doing, and what could be improved upon. She told me that I am excellent at organization and efficiency. She said she likes that the minute I get a task or an opportunity to use social media to promote the business I jump right on it. She told me I could improve upon the fact that I tend to be a perfectionist. She explained that there is almost never a “perfect” way to do something. Instead, try to figure out the best way to do something and get feedback from others to improve upon the idea.
            I surprised myself with how fast I did at reading the social media marketing handbook my boss bought me, and how much I retained. My mentor told me it was clear that I really paid attention to it. When I face challenges I try to take my mentor’s advice and ask as many people around the office about coming up with a solution. Knowing how much different people’s thoughts help me, I definitely would have done this more during the first half of my internship!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your internship has been a really great experience so far! It's great that you feel comfortable enough to ask for feedback-- this is the best way to learn! You should be proud of you work so far, and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete