Friday, July 18, 2014

Week 6: My First Launch Event

This past Wednesday was FINALLY our client Fortune&Frame’s summer jewelry launch event. It was so exciting to be a part of the event planning process. I was able to help with everything from invites to jewelry display set up. To see all of our hard work become a reality was so fun and gratifying. The other intern’s and I had been running around New York City doing errands in preparation for the launch. I had been back and forth to the diamond district at least 10 times within the past 2 weeks. Keep in mind, my office is on 14th and 8th ave. in Chelsea and the diamond district is on 47th and 5th ave. that’s a lot of streets/ avenues to walk in heels!!

The event was meant to debut both the current 2014 On the Mend collection and the new Bridal Collection. The cocktail event took place from 6-8 at Michael Angelo’s Wonderland Beauty Salon in the West Village. Everyone who came was in awe of both the jewelry collection and the salon’s atmosphere. Everything was crisp white, hot pink, sparkly and draped with diamonds and tons of makeup, jewelry and hair products were on display … it was quite a site!

A number of magazine stylists came from Instyle, ELLE, and Glamour along with a number of journalists, fashion bloggers, and friends/family of the jewelry designer. Although I have had such an incredible summer learning the ropes of Public Relations I absolutely loved the creative mindset that came with party planning. I hope I am able to be a part of planning a huge event again!


Here are some pictures from the event:  

^^^^^^^
 These were the party give aways. Inside were all custom made F&F fortunes. Some individuals even won a free necklace/bracelet or blowout from the salon. 
^^^^^^^
 This was part of the jewelry display I helped set up. 

4 comments:

  1. Emma,
    Congrats on the launch event! It looks like it was a huge success! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The event looks like so much fun! Congratulations on your successful first launch and I'm glad you got to see all your hard work pay off, it's definitely the best feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great experience! I'd love to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome, nice work!

    ReplyDelete