Thursday, July 17, 2014

Group Intern Projects

This week in my internship, I was presented with a final project. There are 25 interns and we were split into five teams to come up with an idea and then a presentation of how we can change our industry through a digital revolution. To start this project, I set up a group phone call to get to know all of my teammates and introduce myself to them because we do not all work in the same location. This week I also felt was successful because I was able to supply my boss with strong deliverable content that he was satisfied with. Instead of just learning for myself, I provided some value to the company as well. I was able to learn some of the techniques used in Microsoft Excel programming known as VBA. With VBA I was able to automate an excel process that some of my teammates use consistently so instead of doing so manually it is now an automatic process that saves time for team members. Reflecting on my experience much of what I have learned during my internship process has to do with how to function and relate to people in a corporate environment. I am comfortable engaging in conversation with other employees I have never met, as well as I can comfortably describe my job and my background.

No comments:

Post a Comment