Tuesday, July 29, 2014

week 4

In my first weeks here I was intimidated by all the successful people surrounding me. It seemed as if everybody was in medical school or were world renown physicians or researchers. Now that intimidating is still there, but I have realized that I am working for these world renown scientists. I no longer feel out of place. I feel comfortable talking and asking questions to all my fellow coworkers and have come to enjoy this environment. I think that UMASS Medical School has done a fantastic job of including all the interns in events. We receive events to countless seminars, discussions, luncheons, and meetings. They truly want us to experience the school to its fullest. Additionally they set up a meeting with the chancellor for all the interns, which I think was extremely beneficial in making us feel welcome and part of the community. All in all I believe all of my preconceived conclusions were a result of a nervous first year intern, who was thrown into a large and successful environment.

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful to see you change your intimidating perception of your environment into a positive. It sounds like you are in an amazing learning workplace and I hope you get the most out of it!

    ReplyDelete