Monday, July 14, 2014

Last Week at HollywoodLife

Hello everyone!
Today starts my last week at HollywoodLife.com. I really can't believe how fast this summer flew by and how this marks my 8th week working here. All in all, I really can't complain about my job. For an unpaid internship, the hours were great and I only worked three days a week which was super nice.

Last week, I attended my last event for my internship. The event was a launch event for a new bag line hitting a lot of big stores. Its called She+Lo. The event took place at a hotel downtown's rooftop and it was really nice. The good thing about this event is that I was able to bring a plus one and I didn't have to interview celebrities. My boss offered it to me because I am leaving this week and she wanted to me to enjoy my last week and attend a cool event with minimal work. Essentially, it was just to enjoy myself and bring a friend. I brought my friend Courtney and we got free food and a cute goody bag from She+Lo. We got to meet the designers of She+Lo, Sheila and Lauren, and find out all about how they created this line and their overall vision. The bags are adorable and in our goody bag we actually got a discount card if we ever purchase a She+Lo bag. The bags are appearing in Bloomies, Shopbop, Amazon, Nordstrom and many other big stores. I actually want to purchase a bag because the bags are really cute and pretty inexpensive.

Here are some pictures from the event. I was glad I was able to hang with my friend Courtney and check out this cool new bag line.

Additionally, today should be a good day because there is a hair and makeup person coming in and they wanted the interns to sign up. I love getting my hair and makeup done so hopefully, it looks good.




Below are some links of my recent blogs. Feel free to comment and check them out. 



Overall, ending my internship is bitter-sweet. I am going to try to find a paid job, probably babysitting, just to make some extra cash before coming back to school. I loved my internship and I really had a wonderful experience. I am not sure that I want to be a journalist when I am older but this was a good internship to have and see what the journalism world is like.

Hope everyone is enjoying their internship as much as I am :)

-Morgan McCarthy 


3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time in the fast paced environment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you learned a lot from your internship + had a lot of fun too! I'm glad you had such a great experience and your boss was nice enough to let you attend such an awesome final event!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like so much fun! Your internship sounds like a really cool and interesting experience!

    ReplyDelete