Tuesday, July 1, 2014

5) Looking Back/ Overall Insight

U of M, along with my past experiences, definitely helped prepare me for this internship; whether it be material I learned in class, organizational skills I picked up during my studies or simply interactions with my peers. During my time here, I have noted that I would like to take more classes that would help improve my public speaking and computer skills (Excel, etc.) in the Fall. I wasn't really surprised by any events or situations since I have worked here in the past, but I will say that you always have to be on your feet and look out in case an important client enters without notice. You learn to always be on you’re A-game and stay professional because things can unexpectedly happen. 

4 comments:

  1. I definitely agree; the University of Michigan helps prepare us well for these internships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! I definitely feel prepared by Michigan. Working hard at school prepares me for working hard for an employer! Also, it's true that you never know who is watching, or when a client is going to walk in. Always being on your game is crucial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also want to take a class on excel really badly. I am finding it challenging in my internship! That's great that you feel so prepared. It is good to walk into an internship feeling confident, and staying confident throughout it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found all the work on Excel quite challenging as well. Those practical skills are so important! I wonder if a theatre class could be a fun alternative to a public speaking class? That would really get you comfortable in front of a group!

    ReplyDelete