Thursday, July 3, 2014

Week 2: Beginning My Project

The purpose of the internship is to prepare the tablet application my employer had developed to be ready for the prototype use in the Montefiore Hospital in the Bronx. By the end of the summer, our hope is to have a smooth operating pilot for the hospital to use.

This week I was finally assigned the project that I would be overseeing for this internship. My project involves producing the user tests for the application. For the project, I work with a fellow intern to plan and conduct these user tests. As of now, we have only managed to perform only two user tests, but we were able to receive a lot of feedback. Although much of the feedback involves many changes to the application, it is beneficial have in order to create a successful application. It is better to catch these faults now rather than later or not at all.

My co-workers as well as my employers make this internship very enjoyable. During lunch, we would all eat together and converse about anything that pops into our heads. Sometimes, I would drive the other interns out to find some food and bond during these small adventures. It has been a wonderful experience so far and it has only been the second week. I can't wait to see what is in store for next week at the internship.



(Fellow interns at work)

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to hear that you are really enjoying your internship and interacting with the other interns. My experience is really different considering I am the only intern! Are you enjoying the project you are working on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late response. I have been enjoying my time at this internship and the current project I am working on. It has really opened my eyes to many things as well as improved my team management and communication skills. How is your internship? What is your experience like since you are the only intern?

      Delete