Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Week 5


I really love my job so much!  My boss is truly amazing and is always available to just talk or to answer any of my questions.  What I love about my boss is that he always makes sure that I understand why the company does certain things certain ways, etc.  He really is helping me grasp the marketing industry and is helping to better my understanding of a fashion business.  The environment in my office building is so comfortable, that I genuinely enjoy being there everyday.  I am also becoming really good friends with the other intern who started last week!  What I am starting to realize about my internship is that it is very important to know how to work with others because every project or assignment that is done is not simply done by one person.  It is worked on, edited, and spoken about with almost everyone!  What I am also beginning to notice is that when working in a fashion business, it is very important to be up to date on the latest and greatest fashion trends.  What is also amazing is that the people in the office truly value my input.  Last week I was able to attend a photo shoot, which was really cool.  Though I am not studying photography, it was really neat to see another aspect of the business.  Over the past two weeks, the other intern and I were given the opportunity to go see the actual Kenneth Cole stores in the city as well.  This was truly a great experience because I am beginning to see how every part of the business ties together.   All in all, my experiences and time at Kenneth Cole has already been amazing.  I have learned so much and definitely can see myself in this type of industry when I am older!

1 comment:

  1. It is so great that you have such enthusiasm for your job! The fact that your boss is so helpful and instrumental in your work is great. It seems like you are learning a great deal and at the same time enjoying yourself. The fact that people value your input is truly rewarding! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete