Monday, July 7, 2014

Week 6 - Short Week

Considering I only worked 2.5 days last week, it was a busy one. I was very lucky and grateful to receive a half day Wednesday and Thursday off this past week for the holiday. That did not mean that the two days I was there, and the last half, I was not extremely busy. A new intern joined me last Monday and I was no longer alone. We worked together on this very daunting spreadsheet database. The database compiled every single note from each lease abstract of each of our stores in the Americas Region (The number is over 250). If I had to do this task alone, it would have most likely been very tedious and hard, but with the help of the new intern, we developed a system that made the process work with ease.

I now have over a month in the books and am looking forward to my next four weeks here at Kering. The experience has been wonderful so far and I truly feel like a part of the team. I know that these next four weeks will be busy and I am excited to continue working hard day in and day out.


Besides the work aspect, I have been working in such an amazing location and now know all of the ins and outs of Midtown New York. I know where to find places to eat anywhere from 6th Ave over to Lexington. I feel like I have been in this area for my entire life when in reality it’s been a little over a month. Along with all of the work experience this internship is giving me, it is also teaching me how to live on my own in a whole new city.

No comments:

Post a Comment