Wednesday, August 6, 2014

#6 Looking Back

Looking back on my experience interning for Vera Wang, I learned that its not about who you know its about what you know and what you can learn. Although it is important to make connections and network to find a job when graduating from college, you also need to remember that you graduated from a great university and that you truly know your stuff. Although I would not say that the classes that I have taken at the University of Michigan prepared me for being an intern, I would say that the experiences that I have had while attending U of M have.

When dealing with different personalities it is really important to know how to react in all different kinds of situations. While I was interning, I realized that there are some really great people to work with and there are also some more difficult customers to satisfy. Because of how many people there are at the University, I have learned to communicate with many different kinds of students whether  completing group projects or just hanging out in the Diag after a long study session in the UGLI.

I truly appreciate the opportunity I had working for Vera Wang this summer and hope that I have the chance to return and further educate myself on the marketing skills of the company.

2 comments:

  1. Agreed, communication with different types of people is a key to succeeding in the work-world! It's great that you loved your internship so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like you really learned a lot during your internship, which I believe is the most important part. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete