Sunday, August 31, 2014

CEO for a day at Scoutmob

           If I were CEO for a day at Scoutmob, I would definitely run parts of the company similarly, but I would also change other aspects. First, after spending time at Scoutmob, I have realized the importance of a welcoming work environment. The Scoutmob office was all one room, which I enjoyed because it allowed me to interact easily with employees from all different parts of the company whether or not I actually specifically worked with them and their department. The office was also extremely decorated and upbeat, which I enjoyed. If the office was not a lively office, it would have been much harder to sit in it all day. On the other hand, I found it to be very difficult to sit inside at the same desk everyday. It would be very dark and quiet at times, which made the days drag on for what seemed like forever. If I were CEO, I would try to add something to the office to make the days go by quicker! For example, every other week the King of Pops truck would visit the office, and everyone would take a break and eat a popsicle outside. It was always something to look forward to, and proved to be a great break from my day.
            I would also make sure that all of my employees (and interns) were content with what they were working on. Jarod would always check to see if there were any departments other than marketing that I was interested in learning more about, which was very nice of him. On the other hand, I definitely didn’t have enough work, and he didn’t have a lot for me to do many days. That being said, if I were CEO I would either either give my interns more to work on, or let them leave for the day.   

            Lastly, I think it’s very important that the CEO is approachable. As an intern (and as a regular employee), it’s very important to enjoy you are working for; it definitely has a direct correlation with the success of the company!

No comments:

Post a Comment