Thursday, August 14, 2014

CEO for the Day

My internship has come to an official end and I am very disappointed to report that my candidate did not win the 60th district democratic nomination.  It was very hard to see someone that I believed would have done a wonderful and dedicated job to the people lose.  I believe that everyone that worked on the campaign did their best, but sadly we were unable to seize the nomination.  
If I were CEO, or candidate, for the day I think that I would have made my decision to run earlier so that I would have a lot more time to plan and raise money.  The man that won announced his bid for candidacy a couple months sooner than my candidate.  Another thing I would have done was try to raise a whole lot of money.  It is no secret that campaigning and running for office is expensive.  The more you want to get your name out there the more money you have to spend.  The man that won had A LOT of money.  I’m not sure how I would have gone about raising the money exactly, but I think I would have reached out to local organizations.  I would have told them my stances on the issues and asked for their support and donations.  
I think that we did a lot of things right in this campaign.  We knocked on doors, we canvassed, and we reached to the local newspaper and television stations. I think that what this campaign really came down to was how much money each of the candidates had.  I was so honored and pleased to work on this campaign and I could not have chosen a better internship this summer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really sorry to hear that he did not win! I agree with what you're saying. Starting as early as possible is a great idea so that you can give yourself as much time as possible!

    ReplyDelete