Thursday, August 21, 2014

Last Few Weeks

For these past 2 weeks, I have actually been away and therefor had to miss my shifts at the hospital. Part of the preparation for this absence, before I left was to make sure that all my shifts were covered or that I would be able to make them up once I returned. It was a little difficult because there were a few of us who were all going to be away during the same time. In this way the internship is really treated like a job in the sense that we cannot just leave our work without making sure there is someone else to pick it back up.
While I was gone, I received many emails about what was going on- some not being the most descriptive and leaving me wondering what I would have to do when I returned.
This coming up week, I know I will have a lot of catching up to do.


Looking back at previous experiences, the interactions I’ve had at school have really helped me in the long run. Working with different types of people is very important when it comes to a working in a place like this. Each patient comes from a different background and I must be able to quickly adapt when I encounter such differences. The other people in the internship as well as our bosses also have different techniques of working with others. We also have different past experiences, which plays a role in the way we act now. I’ve learned that it is key to success in the workplace to be able to work with lots of different personalities and be able to cope when you have to work with someone who may be a bit more difficult to work with.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you are able to use your experiences at school to your advantage. Good luck with the rest of your internship!

    ReplyDelete