Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Blog 6 - CEO for a Day


After having worked for two months at Selftising, I have found that there are several areas of improvement for the company. The principal issue that I have found is that there is a distinct lack of understanding of the American consumer base. If I were to become CEO for a day, I would hire a Marketing firm to provide insight into the American markets in order to make our application suitable and attractive to the American consumer. This change was initially made evident when my boss was seeking the advice of the other intern, as well as myself, and was completely oblivious to some of the most fundamental and up to date cultural norms and lifestyle.

Additionally, I have noticed minor issues in communication between my boss and my other coworkers. At times, I have not known when my boss would be in the office. In order to improve transparency within the office, as CEO, I would utilize an organization application that displays everybody’s schedule. With the use of this type of application, which is commonly used through email, I would be able to plan meetings with my coworkers more efficiently, and not constantly be worried about when my coworkers would be in the office.

Working for a company in a country where American culture does not dominate has opened my eyes for the need to collaborate in order to develop some ideas that can contribute to society. Although American internship programs can help other countries to gain an understanding for American culture, as well as provide a more worldly perspective for the interns, there is a clear necessity for a more significant effort to be made by Americans to develop potentially revolutionary and noteworthy ideas.

1 comment:

  1. These sound like great ideas that would help this company tremendously. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete