Saturday, August 9, 2014

CEO for a day

If I were the CEO of Main Line Health, I would really only make one addition, and that is to add a more defined, legitimate intern program. Because it is a system of hospitals, each hospital has its medical interns of course, but the corporate office only has a few. Main Line Health is a huge company in the Philadelphia area and the corporate side is a great atmosphere for students looking to get involved in heath care administration, or if you're like me, just a corporate experience close to home.

Though I really enjoyed my internship, it would have been nice to have made intern friends or had outings with people my own age instead of the women I worked with who were all older than me. They did everything they could to get me around the office networking and meeting other people, but at the end of the day it would have been nice to have some company.

Other than that Main Line Health is a wonderful company. It has been rated "Best Places to Work" on Philadelphia 3 years in a row, and every employee I encountered had only great things to say and I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the way the CEO runs things.

4 comments:

  1. I have never heard of Main Line Health before but it sounds like a great experience in health care administration. Does the corporate office need more interns? If so, then maybe you could suggest that they start a more legitimate internship program!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you would have liked to have more interns around. I loved having so many other interns in our lab to eat lunch with or keep each other on task, etc. It sounds like Main Line Health was still a good place to work and a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth! I could see from your other postings that you learned a lot from and really enjoyed your experience during your internship. That being said, it would be great to open that opportunity to other interns. Your idea to have a more legitimate internship program sounds great. Like Olivia said- you should suggest it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to you on this issue-I felt the same way at my internship! My employers, too, did everything they could do get e around the office but it felt as if it was work for them to find work for me, which shouldn't be the case!! So nice you enjoyed it though-sounds like an awesome internship!

    ReplyDelete