Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Looking Back


To be completely honest, the classes that I plan to take this coming fall semester would have been more beneficial to me had I experienced them prior to my internship. Marketing, for example, would have taught me the process of communicating the value of a product or services to our costumers. Additionally, a class focused on business would have better helped me understand the workings of an e-commerce company, and so on. However, I did find my information studies class to be of help. We had an entire chapter on social media and entrepreneurship where we learned how social media is important for businesses. The internet offers new opportunities for growing businesses and I experienced this first had when helping our social media director. I spent an entire afternoon researching our competitors instagram and twitter sites, taking notes of what they did well and what they did poorly. We then put all of our data together and came up with a list of ways we could improve our own social media platforms. The chapter we studied on this topic helped me to understand what I was looking for and why I was looking for it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Madison,
    A pro is now when you are taking these classes in the fall they will be more meaningful to you! Hopefully they will still benefit you in the future! Good luck with the rest of your internship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least now when you take marketing this fall you will have real life experience! It is great that one of your classes helped you in this internship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good information Maddison! It's interesting to know what classes helped you and what classes did not help you, because I am interested in a similar career path!

    ReplyDelete