Sunday, August 17, 2014

CEO for a day

        If I were CEO of Zan Casting, I would keep much of it the same. It is a very relaxed environment that does amazing work, which I think is awesome. I always imagined the word "office" meaning corporate, pant suits, and cubicles, but Zan Casting is entirely different. An office can be casual and still accomplish the same great work. However, there are a few aspects that I would change that I think would help day to day work be accomplished more efficiently.
      Firstly, I would definitely explain to interns when they first begin at Zan Casting more about the casting industry. There were many times where I felt that I was doing work, but not totally understanding where my work was going once I finished. There are many terms used that I figured out what they meant, but never was explicitly told what they meant. I think if interns understand thoroughly the steps of successfully casting for a project, it will help them get their work done faster with fewer questions later on.
     Next, I would think of a definitive organization system for large castings. Zan Casting is a small office, yet there were times when there were 20 models coming in at once. It is crucial that the models are seen in a specific order, and as an intern I sometimes was overwhelmed making sure that the correct person was being seen. Many models are foreign and there were a few incidents where language barriers caused confusion. I think having a number system or an electronic check in system would help make the process go smoother each time.
     Overall, though, I do not think I would change much about Zan Casting. Each person who works there plays an integral role in successfully getting jobs done daily. With a few key organization changes, I definitely think jobs would get done faster and smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment