Sunday, June 22, 2014

2nd to Last Week

This week was not the most eventful because of the lack of production at my internship (there is a lull in production this summer, most of the focus has relied in development) but I was able to find work to do and make sure that I was actively helping around the office. I continued to research for the development team for a new show idea. While this is fun at first, it can be hard to find exactly what they are searching for because the request is so unusual and sometimes dark. I end up searching through very weird places on the internet for the information and sometimes what I submit to the person in charge of development is not sufficient or not in fact what they are looking for. However, after the first submission and the following feedback, I am able to find what they want. Near the beginning of my internship, it took me around three submissions. Progress. 

I also was able to sit in on a casting meeting again and I found it as interesting as the first time I experienced one. I was able to see how much responsibility the workers took on and how they had to follow up with emails or phone calls with the people applying to be on their reality television shows. Casting is a difficult job, and it requires that you know how people act and certain life styles that people lead. During my second to last week of interning at Screaming Flea, I've found that there are more than one ways to enter the industry, and many ways I would have never considered.


No comments:

Post a Comment