Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Week 3 - Staff Meetings

Two weeks in the books and now I'm finally beginning to feel a part of the team. Every Thursday at 11am, we have a staff meeting. My boss has invited me to be a part of them both times. The first time my boss had to leave early and I was in charge of relaying all of the real estate news his way. It made me feel important as thought what I was doing meant something to the Kering team. The second week it was the week of 4 employees birthdays so we had cake brought in to the meeting. Each week everyone goes I around and discusses what has been going on in their department in the weeks past. The environment has been so inviting that even I am asked to discuss what I have been doing. Below is a picture of the meeting on the birthday cake day.





That’s me in the far left back corner, and my boss is directly across from me. This week my boss is actually in China on business, but it has not left me without work. He made sure that I would be busy this week working on two major spreadsheet projects consisting of documenting all of the Directly Operated Stores and Outlet Stores within the Americas Region. I am also in charge of going around New York City this week and taking pictures of all of our locations and noting the neighboring tenants. I finally have my feet set in NYC and feel like a natural going to work every day and finding my way around this incredible city.

1 comment:

  1. I have also recently been able to sit in on staff meetings! I wasn't given the opportunity to speak during them but it was still a cool experience. Have you found that the meetings you have been a part of are relatively informal? I was surprised with how informal the meeting I sat in on was. It seemed more like friends talking than colleagues discussing.

    ReplyDelete