Friday, June 27, 2014

Great Week at HollywoodLife...

This was a very fun and eventful week at HollywoodLife. This is because my boss told me to go to an event where I would have to interview certain celebrities. The event was a charity event called, Many Hopes at Canoe Studios in NYC. The event was great. Not only did I get to interview cool celebs such as Annalynne McCord, Jessica Stam, DJ Zeke Thomas and Jeremy Penn; I got free food and got to network with some really cool people. I met a really nice woman who was 33 (also a journalist there to interview celebs) and we got along very well and she told me to send her my resume next summer for a possible internship at E! News where she works. I will definitely keep in contact with her because I would love to intern at E! News next summer. The celebrity at this event who I loved to interview was Annalynne McCord. She was so real and really easy to talk to. I really liked her. Also that week, I took a lunch break with some of my other interns and we walked to Luke's Lobster Truck only 10 blocks away and got an amazing lobster roll-- which has been on my restaurant list for NYC this summer. It was great-- definitely recommend trying it. Additionally, during the days in the office when I was working some cool celebrities stopped in for interviews such as Kandi from the Real Housewives of Atlanta and the whole cast from the new show, Girls Meets World and some of the cast members from Boys Meets World. I loved that show when I was younger so it was really cool to see the actor, Corey in the office. He looked so old it was so creepy. The whole cast was super nice and wanted to take photos with everyone!

Below are some pictures from the event and my week in the office and feel free to always read my blogs I post on HollywoodLife.com and type in the search bar Morgan McCarthy- enjoy!

I really love attending events so I hope my boss sends me to more because there great experience and they have so many networking opportunities. I can't believe I only have three more weeks of my internship left, I actually learned an immense amount of knowledge so far!







8 comments:

  1. This is so awesome and exciting! And as you know the best way to get experience and meet people is to be out there first hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your internship sounds like a dream come true! I can't believe you were able to interview celebrities firsthand. I checked out some of your articles on HollywoodLife.com and they are so great! It's amazing how much you're able to do as a first year intern. I can't wait to keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing that you're already making connections and have opportunities for the future! Were you at all star struck while talking to these celebrities? I remember watching some of their shows when I was younger and I don't know if I'd be able to get over the nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're internship sounds amazing! The events you go to, such as this one, are such good opportunities to network with others in the business and get to learn more about the industry. Plus, you get the added bonus of meeting and interviewing celebrities! Best of luck in your last 3 weeks!

    -Carly Margolin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm living in LA this summer, too. Hollyweird is really true to form. It's an amazing experience getting involved in the glamour and fame, but personally I have found the people to be totally out of touch with reality. It takes a really unique person to be able to ground a celebrity enough to answer your questions like a normal person. Impressive job and hats off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So this sounds fabulous! How did you find out about this cool internship with HollywoodLife?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your internship sounds so much fun! I am so jealous you got to meet Cory!

    ReplyDelete