Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Week 2: Getting to Know My Colleagues

Last week I completed my second week interning for Entertainment Tonight. I have had the opportunity to connect with my colleagues and get to know them better. Ranging from the Senior Producer to Assistants to one of the hosts of the show, Rob Marciano, I have been able to have one on one conversations about myself, the show, and the entertainment industry. Every person I have talked to has been truly interested in my future goals and are looking to help me reach those goals.

Over the past two weeks I have been assigned to work with a senior producer, Sharlette Hambrick, on the show who has allowed me to take on projects like researching for upcoming segments and teaching me how to use their vault and news systems. Specifically, I was asked to research for pieces she was producing on the 20th Anniversary of Forrest Gump, 25th Anniversary of Do the Right Thing and Batman, the 30th Anniversary of Karate Kid. As an intern, it was a great experience to see my research and ideas for segments air on TV. Sharlette is also open to any ideas I might have that could be a possible segment on the show.

I also got to have conversations with producer, Andy Reyes, and the host, Rob Marciano at a press junket for the upcoming movie Tammy. This was an amazing experience. I went to a screening of the movie exclusively for press and then went to the press junket at the Beverly Hilton. At the junket, I sat in on interviews with Melissa McCarthy, Ben Falcone, Gary Cole, Mark Duplass, Kathy Bates, and Susan Sarandon. The interview with Melissa and Ben aired on Monday June 24th episode of the show. Even though the press junket lasted a couple of hours, the show only used about 20 seconds of each interview. When waiting for interviews to begin, Rob would take the time to ask me questions about myself and made an effort to give advice from personal experiences. This experience was not only insightful, but very exciting.

Displaying photo 1.JPG
Rob Marciano recording at a "Stand-Up" of Niagra Falls at the Tammy Press Junket. (Niagra Falls appears in the final scene of the movie, so the press junket recreated the scene)
Displaying photo 2.JPG
This was a napkin they gave out at the press junket of Tammy.
Even though it has only been two weeks, I feel like I have learned vast amounts about the show and have already contributed to the daily broadcast of the shows. I look forward to week 3!

2 comments:

  1. Wow this seems like an awesome internship! It's great that everyone you're working with is so nice and really cares about your future! Meeting coworkers can be one of the best parts of an internship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a cool internship! You seem to be getting a lot of experience as well as networking opportunities with important people! It's great that they have taken such a strong interest in you and your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete