Sunday, June 15, 2014

Getting to know my colleagues at F-Factor


            Now that the second week of my internship at F-Factor is coming to an end, I have definitely gotten to know my colleagues and possible mentors. Due to the fact that I work with a small team, each member could serve as a possible mentor because of the different aspects they have been teaching me.  My internship is comprised of nutrition, public relations, marketing and more therefore I am able to learn a little bit from everyone on the team. The social media manager certainly gives me direction and great tips about what the reader wants to hear. He suggests the tone of voice I should use while writing the weekly newsletter and the titles of the articles that play an important role in grabbing a consumer’s attention. On the side of nutrition, I learn a lot of information from the dieticians in the office. I learn what foods and activities I should be promoting in order to have a healthy lifestyle. The F-Factor diet is not only used to lose weight but also to change the clients’ lives through clean and healthy living and eating. I have always loved the field of nutrition and I believe this internship will confirm that for me at the end of the summer, therefore giving me direction for where to go from here.

1 comment:

  1. It's great that you're able to connect and learn from each member of the team! I've noticed through my internships as well that while instruction from formal mentors is important, some of the best advice can be given from people in the same situation as you, being that you're all learning together.

    ReplyDelete