Monday, June 23, 2014

Week 4 - Office Back to Full Numbers

This past week my boss was in China. He was meeting with all of the other Kering Real Estate Departments for each region of the world, and they were touring the luxury market in China. By no means did I have the week off of work though. I showed up every day with plenty on my plate. This past week I completed three different spreadsheets and visited each store location in New York City for our 21 brands. The first spreadsheet I worked on was assembling all of the data on the total deals closed in 2013. The second spreadsheet was compiling a list of every directly operated store, shop-in-shop, or outlet per city for each brand. The final spreadsheet consisted of gathering data of each high end luxury market in the USA, and assessing which of both our brands and our competitor’s brands were located. The work most definitely required help, and without my boss their the entire week I at first was extremely nervous about getting each of the tasks done, but the other employees in the office, all of which had nothing to do with the real estate end, made sure to help me every step of the way. It was a great feeling knowing that not only my direct boss, but also the other members of the office were looking out for me and helping me find my way here. I am excited for this week to hear about the trip to China and also to show my boss the work I have done these past few days.I attached two photos from my "fieldwork" last week, one is of the Alexander McQueen store on Madison Avenue, and the other one is the Stella McCartney store in SoHo.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ryan,

    Wow! That sounds like quite the task. I'm glad your coworkers offered to help you out - it's great to see that you work in a supportive environment. Did your boss assign you these tasks while he was in China, or did he give you a list of things to do for the week? It sounds like he definitely kept you busy either way! It's hard to work with your boss out of town, but it sounds like you still had a productive week and probably gained some confidence too.

    ReplyDelete