Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Blog #1-First Week at Cardinal Health

Hi, my name is Emily and I am interning at Cardinal Health in Dublin, Ohio this summer in the Digital Marketing department.  My first few days at Cardinal Health have been a great experience so far!  On the first day we had an all day orientation where we had ice breaker games to get to know the other interns, learned about the history of Cardinal Health, filled out paperwork, had lunch with our managers, got a tour of the campus, and discussed the internship program.  The day was long and filled with lots of details, but we all got a lot of our questions answered and got to start getting to know some of the other interns.  It was also nice to offically meet my boss and the rest of the team as I interviewed over the phone because I was studying abroad during the time.  

Pulling into the HUGE Cardinal campus-so many employees! 

Some of my fellow interns-there are over 100 of us
 
My first offical few days on the job have been filled with sitting in meetings and trying to figure out what everyone's role on my team is.  I am working on the pharmacy side of the company specifically in the department that helps create and maintain the website that pharmacies order their drugs off of.  Many of the meetings we have are with clients to discuss different campaigns we are helping create.  It is interesting hearing about the different products as I have worked in a pharmacy before.   


My employee ID and portfolio for taking notes


Offical name plate for my cubical area!
 
I also sat down with a variety of people in my group along with the other intern (also named Emily) to get an idea of what their responsibilites are and understand some of the programs that they use on a daily basis.  This was helpful to get the big picture of what my group does.  It has been a great experience so far and I am looking forward to the upcoming weeks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment