Friday, June 6, 2014

Environment/ Initial Impression


During my first week working at F-Factor, an innovative nutritional program, I have become accustomed to what my requirements are as well as the way in which the company functions as a team. F-Factor is a private practice; therefore the team is quite small, four people plus the interns. I am enjoying the small team because it allows me to learn a greater deal about the practice, the nutrition aspects and the marketing and public relations. Personally, I am extremely fond of working with a team because I have more access to resources and am able to get to know each member. The communication is great between each member of the team and everyone is open to answer questions, especially during the first week. Everyone at my site dresses similarly; the dress code is business casual. Clients, customers and workers always look very put together yet no one wears a suit, which makes the work place comfortable. The team works well together, whether they are different ages or different genders everyone is respected. This is something that I enjoy because I am able to learn from everyone in the office no matter what age or gender. From my first week I think that this workplace and living environments will be great this summer.


2 comments:

  1. The company I am working at this summer, Channel V Media also has a very small team. I definitely agree with you that the small atmosphere allows me to learn more, gives me greater access to resources, and definitely makes it easier for me to build relationships with my colleagues and ask a lot of questions. I hope you continue to enjoy your internship and learn from all the individuals in your office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great place to work!! Having a small team definitely helps with becoming accustomed to the office and connecting with people who are new to work schedules and such. My internship/work environment is very similar! :)

    ReplyDelete