Friday, August 1, 2014

Blog #3 Making connections

        The fashion industry is a very competitive industry is something that I have learned over the years in studying it as well as being a part of the internship program with Vera Wang. Sometimes I have difficulties talking to people because they either intimidate me or I am too shy to speak up. I have learned that this is not a good way to put yourself out there. When I first began working at the RTW store I started off being a bit timid, as days have gone on, I have began to open up more with my managers and other co-workers. This has been a really great experience. They have told me about their experience working in other stores, with customers and given me tips for things that I should and should not do. They also told me about what a good manager is like, what a bad manager is like as well as positive and negative experiences working as a sales associate.
       Because my co-workers have been a part of the industry for much longer than I have, they are more open to talking about their experiences with me. They have really helped me learn to connect with the customers that come into the store as well as who to avoid. I have been working my hardest to be the best intern that I can possibly be. When they need something I try my best to be right by their side and ready to go and get it. The store is a very high end shopping experience so customer service is a big part of Vera Wang. When customers come in and try things on, generally we ask them if they need anything to drink, water, coffee, and for special occasions, champaign. Some customers are more regular and may have a drink of choice that we keep in our refrigerator at all times. Customer service is a big part of retail and I think that my coworkers have helped me open up to the experience as well as learn what to do and what not to do.

2 comments:

  1. It is great to see that your experience has helped you gain confidence in yourself! It seems like you were in an awesome work environment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My employer strongly encourages us to network with the connections that she has. As a mentor, she is providing resources needed for us to create career opportunities in the future. I am glad to see you are gaining confidence and I hope you use that confidence to network to gain these possible opportunities.

    ReplyDelete