Friday, August 1, 2014

Blog #4 Teamwork/skills/timemanagement

       This past week at work, we got in our newest shipment of apparel. This can be a bit daunting because that means we have to revamp the store, take inventory and ship out all the old clothing to make room for the new. Recently, Vera Wang has made a google plus gallery to show off the new clothing, jewelry, shoes, etc. when a new shipment comes in. This helps valued customers know what they went when they arrive and those who maybe aren't acquainted with the brand, learn a little bit more about it. This process takes a very long time and I offered my assistance in photographing the new line.
       When we first got in the shipment I could feel the excitement and terror in my manager. Excitement to display all of our new items and terror in how we we're going to get it all done in a timely manner. This is when I offered my assistance. Throughout both college and high school, photography has been a passion of mine. I have taken classes that have both taught me how to use a camera and edit pictures so that they are appealing to the eye. I began photographing the line for the website and editing the pictures while my other coworkers did inventory and sticking the items. After 14 hours of taking apart manikins putting on outfits until I acquire the most flattering shot, I got each image approved by my manager and uploaded them to our account. Here are a few of the images that I took for the website.
       For those of you who are not as invested or interested in the fashion industry as I am, they my not appear as amazing in the pictures but I can assure you that if you get the opportunity to see them in person, you will really get to see the true beauty. This challenge of time management taught me how to work as a team as well as manage time, obviously. Working with a team can be hard at times but when you are working with one another in a constructive way, it really helps to get things done efficiently!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an amazing experience and it's great that it helped you learn to better manage your time. Your job sounds great and so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great skills to improve on and I am glad you were able to better manage your time management skills through professional work experience.

    ReplyDelete