Friday, August 1, 2014

Week 4 Changing Perspectives

                My perspective has changed so much from my first week here. At first I felt very overwhelmed by how many tasks I was given by my mentor. However, as I have grown in this internship I no longer feel overwhelmed. I feel knowledgeable and needed. I love the fast-paced culture of this company now! I always feel busy, but this makes the day go back very quickly and makes me feel important. A new observation I have made about this culture is how much of a great work-life balance this company has! We are a work hard play hard business who knows how to get stuff done while also love to have a great time. My mentor is very easy-going and knows that because it is my summer vacation, I have to take time off here and there for doctor’s appointments. I love how easy-going this company is, and how much they genuinely care about their employees (and interns!) I have changed my notions of thinking this company was super hard, to valuing how they congratulate you on your many successes. There is so much room for improvement here, and I love how everyone is so encouraging and wants to see you grow.

2 comments:

  1. It is good to know that the cooperate world is not as cold hearted and vicious as it is often presented as being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you no longer feel overwhelmed. I definitely felt the same way when I began my internship. Also, it's great that you're in such an easy-going environment. Not all companies work that way, so it's nice when one does.

    ReplyDelete