Monday, June 9, 2014

Blog Post 2 - First Week Summary

After walking in on the first day nervous and uncertain to how these next two months would be, I soon began to feel immersed in the company and excited to be working for Kering. Each day I walk into the office excited to learn new tools to help me in the commercial real estate world. Whether it has been going over spread sheets, analyzing rent and sales per square foot, or learning which market suits which type of retail, each topic has taught me a great deal about this field of work.

On my last day of work for the week, my boss took time out of his day to walk down Madison Avenue with me, teaching me about the rent per square foot of each location, the different landlords that own these plots of land, prime placement for our stores based off of expected earnings and evaluating the cost benefit analysis of moving into new locations, and the pros and cons of placement close to competitors. Being out in the real world and seeing what he works on all day in the office being displayed in its actual way was very beneficial to my learning experience.

Overall, it was a great first week and it definitely excited me for what I had in store over the next seven weeks at Kering.

Attached is a photo of my desk to show my work space.

Displaying photo1.jpg

1 comment:

  1. This is really great, it is awesome how your boss is so willing to help you and give you more to learn. What have you been doing day to day?

    ReplyDelete