Saturday, June 7, 2014

More Development

This week at Screaming Flea Productions I spent most of my time with the development team. First, I sat in on a meeting where we discussed the possibilities for each show and what the network was looking for, as well as how we would pitch each show according to what the head of development wanted. Afterward, I set out to find more footage for something called a "sizzle", which is like a teaser for what the show might look like so the network will want to greenlight it. This was an easier task as I had a more specific goal, and after not too long I found great footage. Another day this week was mainly focused on a brainstorm in which we tried to come up with a new name for a proposed show. Coming up with a show name proved to be very hard! After a while of staring at the whiteboard, it became clear that we had to move on. For the remainder of the day I spent time with the development team as they discussed ways to script the plot of another show that had been greenlighted by a network. This was very interesting as well, as I could see that there were many different options and that no choice was easy to implement. In the future I hope to find more opportunities to have input in the creative process, not just to watch it happen. One goal I have is to sit in on a casting meeting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment