Thursday, June 5, 2014

Third Week!

Starting my third week, I feel a lot more comfortable around the office. I’ve made friends with the other employees and interns, figured out my commute in the morning to the minute and gotten a pretty good routine down. There are only about 5 employees each with different positions within the company. Each of the interns sort of picked one of the employees to shadow and learn about what they do more closely. I’ve been working with the managing editor of the magazine so I’ve been doing a lot of different tasks involved in putting the magazine together.

Because we had a photo shoot this week, the woman I’ve been following taught me how we organize for the set. Every time I brought a piece back to the office, whether it was jewelry, shoes, or a full on outfit, each item had to be “checked-in”. What this means is that I would lay out each item on a tray, write the company name, its address, what story it was for (best of fall, etc), and the date. After these were put together, we would take a picture and upload it to the dropbox. We did this for a few reasons, one being that this way we have an inventory of everything that was given to us from other companies. Below is an example of a check-in.



So far the internship is going really well! There is so much to learn from all of the employees here whether it’s the graphic designer, e-commerce coordinator, or managing editor. I admire their organization, creativity, and drive to succeed. I’m already learning a lot about how the fashion industry works from each of these perspectives and I can’t wait to continue working.

2 comments:

  1. That is so awesome that you got to see what a photo shoot is like, not many interns get to have that type of interactive and hands on experience. This sounds like a great opportunity and I am excited to read more about it,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really sounds like an interesting and fun internship! I can definitely agree that I too am starting to figure out my commute and make new friends. I really like how you included a photo for us to see. I am excited to hear more about your experience!

    ReplyDelete