Tuesday, July 8, 2014

week 6: keeps getting better


This past week was pretty slow in terms of having a task to do at all times throughout the day, however, I got to meet with people from other departments and get a taste of some other aspects of the company. In some of my downtime, I was unpacking some boxes, one of which was soaking wet and filled with mold, and another which greeted me with a dead cockroach – never a dull moment! While unpacking boxes isn’t the most exhilarating task, it makes the time go by, and I learn a lot about the trends/colors/patterns/fabrics of certain DKNY lines and the countries they are sold in. It’s interesting to compare the clothing that Is targeted at a foreign market, with clothing that is for domestic selling only. Its crazy how such a little bit of action is teaching me so much. In the next few weeks I will be doing more hands-on work, and each day the trust and responsibility placed on me is getting progressively higher. I really like that I have become more trusted and given more responsibility, as I feel like I am definitely capable and understanding of the company’s ideas more and more each day!

2 comments:

  1. I feel so similar! There are days where the amount of work given to me is very limited, and I honestly enjoy the busy work because it makes time go faster and it at least does give me some information about the company, even if it is not substantial. The first week especially I was not given any important tasks, and I felt as though the company maybe didn't trust me with important aspects, but as time went by the projects I was able to work on got so much more exciting and important. Really makes you feel great! Good luck with your new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great that you are earning the trust of your colleagues and receiving new tasks to complete. I can't believe you had a dead cockroach in the box you were unpacking, at least it gave you some entertainment during the day! If you are interested in fashion I think that this is a great start for you with everything you seem to be learning at DKNY! Hopefully soon you will be done with the boxes but you have to start somewhere!

    ReplyDelete