Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Overcoming Obstacles: 2 Cameras, One Video


The other day, Gino gave me my first two-camera shoot to edit. I had done complicated one camera shoots and gotten very comfortable using B-roll to keep the pace up and make them interesting but I’d never worked with two cameras in the editing bay before. The tricky part is that the audio tracks have to be lined up perfectly so it doesn’t appear as though the words coming out of people’s mouths are said before or after they are. This took me a solid 3 hours to figure out. Not even to start editing the project, but just to figure out how to sync tracks so that the audio lines up. It wasn't easy but it turned into a really rewarding project. Cutting this project up took a while sifting through about 40 minutes of footage, 3 days later,  about 3 days, but in the end, Gino was very impressed with it. Currently sitting on our youtube page, the video now has over 20,000 hits! I’m currently working on my second 2 camera shoot and what I struggled with in the first one is now flying by in the second. It wasn’t easy, but I’m excited that Gino trusts me enough to challenge me with these kinds of projects!

1 comment:

  1. That's always a great feeling knowing that all your hard work paid off! It's great that you were able to teach yourself how to do the project and now are able to execute that knowledge on the second one!

    ReplyDelete